Utah State Holiday - Pioneer Day
Pioneer Day is an official state holiday celebrated July 24th of every year (Utah Code). The day commemorates the Mormon pioneers passage into the Salt Lake Valley from Emigration Canyon in 1847.
The first statewide Pioneer Day celebration was held July 23-24, 1857.
Pioneer Day in Utah
- The Days of '47
- The First Statewide Pioneer Day Celebration (Markers & Monuments Database, Utah State History)
- Legal Holidays (Utah Code, Title 63G, Chapter 1, Section 601)
- Pioneer Day (Utah History Encyclopedia, University of Utah)
- Pioneer Day Historical Images (J. Willard Marriott Library Digital Collections, University of Utah)
- This is the Place (Utah History to Go, Utah State History)
- Today in History: July 24: Pioneer Day (American Memory, The Library of Congress)